your first visit
What to expect
Your smile begins with an initial consultation! The first visit at the dental office can be intimidating for some however this will not be the case at Petty & Dragstrem Orthodontics. You can expect to be treated like family from day 1. This time allows you to meet with our doctor one-on-one to discuss your concerns and answer your questions. Our doctor will determine if treatment is indicated and if so what options are available to you.
What to bring
Your initial consultation
- We will review your medical and dental history forms. That will help us understand if there are any medical or dental issues that may require modifications of your treatment.
- Take photographs of your teeth and face. We use those help you visualize the issues we see.
- Take one or two radiographs of the teeth and jaws to determine any jaw discrepancies or evaluate erupting teeth.
- Carefully examine the teeth and jaws for a wide range of possible orthodontic problems.
- A customized plan that addresses your unique needs will lead to the results you want. We’ll discuss: why treatment is or is not indicated, an estimated length of treatment time, and the cost including insurance and payment options.
- If our doctor decides your child is not ready for treatment yet, we will give you an estimated timeline for future care and discuss the importance of regular growth checks during the monitoring phase.